We’re a non-profit specialising in digital sustainability. Our mission is help as many people and organisations be a part of creating a fossil-free internet by 2030. We’re here to help you create impact.
Our offerings are deliberately designed to be flexible. We understand, only too well, that figuring out appropriate responses to sustainability challenges is not a one size fits all approach. Every case is different. Where there are differences we can be on hand to work them through with you. Where you’re facing common problems, we can bring our experience and expertise to share best practice to speed you along.
What we can help you with
Audits of your tech stack
As they say, measurement is the first step to taking action.
If you have an existing product or service, it’s helpful to start with an idea of where the emissions arise in your digital supply chain. From services and infrastructure you directly control, to third party suppliers you rely on.
Using a variety of open source tools, including our own, and the best in class digital carbon estimation models, we can work together to visually represent your emissions.
This can take the form of help, support and hands-on expertise to:
- Visually represent your supply chain;
- Provide guidance on appropriate available measurement tools and techniques;
- Assist you with implementing open source carbon emissions measurement frameworks into your tech stack;
- Submit pull requests to open source measurement frameworks to add or improve features;
- Produce a report estimating the CO2 emissions from a service;
- Identify recommendations for action.
Typically, audits are best suited to medium to high traffic services. We’re thinking tens of thousands of views per month. Our audits start at around 6k EUR. But this will vary on the complexity of the service being audited.
Research and strategy around digital and climate
Perhaps you are working on:
- Drafting internal policy for greening the digital supply chain across your organisation;
- Incorporating new policies into digital services procurement;
- Thinking through how to reduce reliance on a single supplier that represents a reputational or climate risk over time;
- Carrying out due diligence on an existing or new supplier, or simply some regular proactive alerts related to your current suppliers, to avoid surprises.
How it works
Drop us an enquiry using the form below so we can begin a conversation about what you need. We’ll put you in contact with the team member best placed to work with you to agree a scope, budget and timeline.
Our services typically take the form of a set number of hours, which can be used responsively on the following types of task:
- strategic advice on approach, including technical direction;
- advice or an extra pair of eyes on policies, guidance or pull requests;
- bespoke training to upskill team;
- workshops to help think through a thorny issue;
- regular check-in calls.
Keen to find out more?
If you’ve got questions or would like to enquire about next steps to book your training, don’t hesitate to drop us a line using the form below.
We can begin a no-obligation chat about how the Green Web Foundation can share expertise to help you on your digital sustainability journey.
The Green Web Foundation offices are now closed until Wed 4th Jan 2023. We’ll reply to your enquiry when we’re back. Thanks for your patience!